We are seeking Partner-level investment professionals at hedge funds, mutual funds, VCs, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, family offices, and other institutional investors to interview for our research project on “How to Disrupt the Investing Industry”.
You can learn more about our research project at our new site, DisruptInvesting.com . We’re not aware of anyone else – either investors or academics – who has conducted any formal research on this topic in a comprehensive way.
If you’d like to participate, contact McPhillips.Jen(@)BCG.com, our research coordinator, with your name, title, company, professional biography, location, and time slots when you are available for a meeting or call and one of our co-authors will reach out to you. We are interviewing sources continuously until March 31, 2015. Our team travels frequently and may be able to meet you in person, depending on logistics.
Specific questions we’d like to explore:
– What trends do you see impacting the asset management industry?
– If you would identify the most important “job” investors hire money managers to do, what would that be? (e.g., maximize returns, inflation protection, diversification, target sector exposure, etc.
– Who are the best providers at executing each of those jobs?
– What would you change about the providers whom you hire if you could?
– What challenges do you worry about? How are you making sure you remain competitive as the industry evolves?
– What do you view as the greatest white space for entrepreneurs in the asset management industry?
– Who do you think is effectively building innovative businesses in asset management, and disrupting the industry in the classic Clay Christensen sense of the word?